The first day of spring is one thing, and the first spring day is another. The difference between them is sometimes as great as a month.
Fisherman’s Luck , Henry Van Dyke (1899)
- Yesterday Annabelle learned the meaning of soft…while we were playing with a branch off our pussy willow tree.
- We counted 31 robins in our backyard yesterday. And Annabelle is "tweet-tweeting" all over the house.
- I found a small bunch of crocuses, faces peeking up timidly from the ground.
- The miniature daffodils I planted in pots last Nov. and then relegated to the darkest, coldest corner of the garage are just now unfurling their sunny yellow splendor.
- It may be premature, with snow in the forecast for tonight but we will not let that keep us from at least pretending that we are already quite under the enchanting the spell of spring.